This course provides 1 AMA PRA Category I Credits for physicians who receive a score of 70% or better on the course.
According to the Massachusetts Medical Society, the course objectives are as follows:
- Define which Advance Directives documents are governed by Massachusetts law;
- Describe the impaired-driver reporting requirements in the state of Massachusetts;
- Contrast the limitations and scope of authority of a patient's appointed health care agent;
- Identify the components of a health care proxy;
- Determine who has the authority to represent the patient's wishes using different case scenarios.
The program meets the criteria of the Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine for risk management study.