MADRC leads Memory Sunday New England – a collaboration between faith communities and health/community organizations focused on raising awareness about memory loss, aging and Alzheimer’s Disease in the African-American/Black community.
The year-long collaboration culminates in a June event, the second Sunday, that has grown from a single participating church in 2018 to 14 in 2019.
Follow Memory Sunday New England on Facebook! @MemorySundayNE
Our Memory Sunday collaborators include:
- Age Strong Commission, City of Boston
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Balm in Gilead
- Boston Senior Home Care
- Berea Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Boston University Alzheimer’s Disease Center (BUADC)
- Boston University School of Social Work/Center for Aging & Disability Education and Research (BUCADER)
- Butler Hospital
- Dementia Friends Massachusetts (DFMA)
- Executive Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA), Commonwealth of MA
- Jewish Family & Children’s Service
- Massachusetts Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (MADRC)
- Center for Alzheimer Research and Treatment (CART)
- Metropolitan Church
- John Missionary Baptist Church
- St. Paul AME Episcopal Church
For more information about Memory Sunday, call Nancy Coppelman at 617-278-0383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view Memory Sunday 2020 Resources click here.
Additional Memory Sunday resources can be found here.